Initiatives to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) have been increasing rapidly. This is not surprising given that the GDPR will enter into force on May 25, 2018.
Good information handling makes good business sense, and provides a range of benefits. You’ll enhance your business’s reputation, increase customer and employee confidence, and by ensuring that personal information is accurate, relevant and safe, save both time and money.
At JudgeService Research, we are working hard to be ready for GDPR. But are you?
We have developed a short, free of charge, series of questions to give you a basic idea of how ready you are for GDPR. While it won’t provide you with a complete health check, it will give you some insight into what areas you might want to focus on.
- How is data transferred to you and from you?
- How and where is your data stored?
- Do you have ISO27001 accreditation?
- How long is data retained and what are your disposal rules?
- Do you sub-contract any data processing? If so, how?
- How will your data processing procedures handle the marketing permission preferences of the data subject?
- Do you have a Data Breach Procedure?
- Are all your colleagues up to speed with the new requirements?
You can use this checklist to help assess your compliance with the GDPR and find out what you need to do.
For further details about GDPR, you can download the JudgeService White Paper: GDPR – things you need to look out for.